I am a 28 year old man with 1 wife and 5 children,

who believes you don't have more than 1 wife to have more than 2 children.

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Why those who say they'd like their wive's to stay home some day, never will.

Quit lying to me and just do what you want, or change what you really want and do what you're telling me you want to do. Too often today we say things we don't really mean. We know what is right, so we give lip service to it knowing it is the "ideal" situation but never expecting it to come to reality. We understand the sacrifices those things require and quite frankly are unwilling to take them. The reason your unwilling to take any sacrifices is because your selfish.
Our culture has taught us some things that are just plain stupid. We are told to take care of our self, make sure and have time for your self, make sure we all have good self esteem. Take pride in your self, only do what feels good to you.
Today people have become self-centered and ignorant. Being conformed to the culture of this day, rather than being transformed into the everlasting unchanging word of God. You think I'm harsh saying this? Lets look at the definition's of these 2 words.

Self-centered: Occupied or concerned only with one's own affairs; egocentric; selfish.

Ignorant: from ignore: To disregard deliberately; pay no attention to; refuse to consider.

If your wife has to leave home to pay your mortgage, 1 or 2 car payments, for childcare, for vacations, or just to "make it" then your priorities are seriously messed up and are detrimental to your entire family. Your house is going to burn, your cars will rust, your children will be raised by strangers and a vacation can be forgot in a moment, but your children will never forget mom being there through thick and thin for every scrape and every tear of anguish or joy.

I remember every house I've ever lived in and every car and vacation I've been privy to. Some big, some small. Some fancy, and some not, but my memories are all about experiences growing up. The every day affairs are what I think about most, not about how nice the "things" were.
But I don't need to convince you why your wife should stay home because you already know I'm right. So lets get down to some practical solutions to your situations.

Your mortgage is too big for your income:
Sell your home and move into one you can afford.

There isn't any affordable home's in your town:
Move out of the area. What's more important, your town, or your children?

Your car payments are too high:
Sell your car or pay it off.

Your credit card bills are too high:
Consolidate your cards and pay them off and remove them from your wallet.

Your lifestyle is too expensive for your income:
It's time to change your lifestyle and work out a new budget.

Here is very basic skeleton for an example:

Of what I receive from my monthly paycheck these are the general percentages;

10% To the Lord (although it is not law, I see it as a good principle)
30% Mortgage/insurance/taxes
15% Food bill
7.5% Fuel Bill (I commute about 70 miles a day)
4% Car Insurance
3.5% Cell Phones (no land lines)
3.5% Natural Gas Bill
3.5% Power Bill

Most of these above are approximates since they can change a bit month to month. But still these are my bill's and they leave about 23% of my income left for various things.

My children are full, they are clothed well. We are satisfied with what the Lord has provided for us and we are thrilled to show others how rewarding it is to believe that Jesus doesknow what he was saying when he tells us what to do and then says trust me.

A man I respect once told me that "you can never expect to do tomorrow what your not doing today". That has stuck with me for years now. If you won't take the first step to bringing your wife home today, then don't tell me you will some day. The time has come to decide, fancy lifestyle or obedience, either way, stop lying to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Abiding in the Vine!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I found your blog from reading your wifes blog. I LOVE it & so does my hubby, (who's name is Joe too.. LOL!) We love how you say what needs to be said & are direct & to the point! You & your wife are so down to earth & we love your points of view on many things.
Your blog hit home here... I have been working outside the home for a year & a half to make ends meet in the winter and have a little extra income. Well.. the hubby & me are PRIORITIZING things back to the way they should be & use to be!(THANK YOU GOD!!!) WE both decided this isn't right & we are missing sooo much in our family life & the life of our young kids. So I am happily quitting my job as of March 16th & going to be homeschooling the kids at the end of this school year.. I am SOOO looking forward to being the wife & mother like God intended. No longer will the public school system raise & brainwash our kids & stupify them. I refer to our good change as Our leap of Faith. Which is well over due. Instead of depending on ourselves & what we can do. We are going to Depend on GOD & What he can do!
Sorry for ranting on & on...
I just wanted to let you know You both are a joy to read & very helpful, & insightful Christian people.
We appreciate you both :)
I look forward to reading BOTH of your blogs! God Bless You & your family.
Shannon
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/frustratedink